How do you reset the service light on a 2006 Smart Car?
How to Reset Service Wrench Icon Light Smart Car fortwo
- Turn ignition to ON position.
- Press the left side TRIP button on the left side of the speedometer twice within the first 4 seconds.
- Switch off the ignition within 10 seconds.
- Press and hold the TRIP button again and switch the ignition to ON position.
How do I turn my service light off?
Start with the ignition turned ON (position 2), but with the engine OFF. Pull out and hold the button on the right side of the display until “SERVICE” appears on the display. Release the button on the right, then within 5 seconds pull the button out and hold it again.
What does the wrench light mean on a Smart car?
SERVICE WRENCH COMES ON SMART CAR HOW DO I RESET As you know that the wrench means maintenance needed. Usually this icon is reset after maintenance is done via Star diagnose.
How do I turn off the dashboard warning lights?
How to Reset the Warning Lights on the Dash
- Open the hood of your vehicle. …
- Loosen the nut that holds the negative terminal to the battery with the pliers. …
- Completely remove the cable from the negative battery terminal. …
- Leave the battery disconnected for 10 minutes to ensure that the computer is fully reset.
Can you drive with the service light on?
Is it safe to drive when the service required warning light is on? While your car’s drivability shouldn’t be affected, driving for extended periods with the light on will cause excess wear and tear on the engine. Especially with oil, not changing it at regular intervals will severely shorten your engine’s lifespan.
How do you reset the wrench light on a Smart car?
Push and hold down the service button (the button on the left of the cluster) and turn on the ignition power. Leave the service button depressed. Hold the service button depressed for another 10 seconds. The oil change display should reset.
How do you reset the service light on a smart 451?
Push and hold in the instrument cluster button and switch ignition on. Hold the instrument cluster button for another 10sec. In that time, the spanner symbol on the LCD will flash and eventually reset.
How do you reset the check engine light on a Smart car?
How do I reset the check engine light on my smart?
- Let it go off by itself.
- Turn your ignition on and off several times in a row.
- Disconnect your battery and reconnect it.
- Buy an OBD II scanner (they’re relatively inexpensive) and follow the instructions (it’s pretty easy)